1. Stockell St., Nashville, TN 37207: 2,000 sq. ft., 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms. This home, which is thisclose to being complete, SOLD for $245K. This has been our second flip on Stockell Street in East Nashville’s up-and-coming Cleveland Park. We’re currently crossing off a few last punch list items and then expect to close on this one, which we began in September, in the next week or two. Taking this bungalow from 800 sq.ft to 2,000 sq.ft ended up being surprisingly easy, as it was a one-level that just required a big, fat addition on the back. See before pics here.
2. Lockland Springs, Nashville: 3,000 sq. ft, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, detached two-car garage. We have about three months left on this Lockeland Springs home, which is all set to be crazy gorgeous. The addition is all framed up, the concrete is laid for the garage, and in the next week we’ll put all the new windows in as well as the new roof. Electrical, plumbing, and HVAC will also be roughed in within the week. We’re doing this one up with high-end fixtures and wainscoting. We can’t really say it better than Shane, who says, “It’s gonna be pimp.” You can see lots of before and progress pics on our Facebook page.
3. Elkins Avenue, Nashville, TN 37209: 3,521 sq. ft, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms. In Sylvan Park, this old bungalow had fallen into disrepair and was begging for a serious pick-me-up. This one is already demoed and excavated, footers have been poured and block started, and we’re ready to start framing it. It has gigantically tall ceilings and is about to get even grander, as we add on to it, making it a showpiece in this already lovely neighborhood.
4. Sharpe Avenue, Nashville, TN 37206: 1,700 sq. ft, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms. Situated in East Nashville’s Greenwood neighborhood, this home was evidently a place for its former residents to sit and smoke lots and lots of cigarettes. Whatever grandeur this place once held had been masked by smoke-stained walls and strange details like a sliver of leopard print carpet in one closet. Giving it a clean slate, we recently demoed the crap out of it and are in the process of framing up the new layout. We’ve already picked out exterior colors, and are doing some light excavation in the rear so we can build a deck.
5. S 12th Street, Nashville, TN 37206: 2,872 sq. ft, 5 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, detached garage. We gotta admit that this duplex is so heinous that it didn’t take long for us to decide that demoing the whole thing and starting anew was the only answer. That’s exactly what we’ll do sometime in the next couple of weeks. The lot will become the site for a brand new, highly charming two-level home with a screened-in porch and a two-car garage. We’re kinda tempted to move in this one ourselves.
Besides these five properties, we’ll also put up a Tudor-style home on Burchwood Avenue in Inglewood this year. You better believe we’ll be sharing the progress here. For the record, our goal is to flip and/or build 10 houses in 2014. If you have any questions about any of the homes pictured here, please don’t hesitate to let us know. And for access to scads of photos of each of these homes, please “Like” our Urban Properties Nashville Facebook page.